Creating a Truly Outstanding Career with Your Martial Arts School!
The Way of The Mile High Maverick
Volume 1, by Stephen Oliver
Rants, Raves and Other Politically Incorrect Views from Behind the Curtain
Receive printed and digital version of “Mile High Maverick” for FREE.
Pay only shipping and handling. Order today.
This is limited offer!
Please click Order Now button below, to receive both versions of "Mile High Maverick" for Free.
- Who Is Stephen Oliver and Why Should I Listen To Him?
- It’s Your Choice: Abundance or Lack of Abundance
- Are You a Soldier in the “Alarm-Clock Army?”
- An Embarrassment of Riches
- Is Your Biggest Challenge Your Attitude and Energy?
- Never Stop Learning
- The Economy Sucks? Really?
- Several Illuminating Lessons
- Multiple Schools, Licensing and Partnerships
- Further Thoughts on “Mixed-Up Martial Arts”
- What Is Your Professional Education Worth?
- Success Is Never a Straight Line
- Business Knowledge Aggressively Implemented Produces Awesome Results
- Learn the Skill of Scanning
- How Would You Know If You “Lost Your Mind?”
- Winners Remember Results…Losers Remember Reasons. Which Are You?
- The 10 “Secrets” of Leadership
- Are You a “Raging Thunder Lizard” Evangelist?
- Get Off Your Ass!
- Beware of the Gurus
- How Much Can You Spend to Generate an Enrollment?
- Winners and Losers on the West Coast
- “Mixed-Up Martial Arts” Draws a Reaction
- Crisis Hits
- Are You Ready to Commit to Success?
- Manage Your Time, Live Your Life
- “Positioning” Your Martial Arts School
- Now is the Time to Hustle Like Never Before
- How To “Turbo Charge” Your Results
- Who Is Our Competition? — Part 2
- Big Winners, Winners, and the Mediocre Majority
- A Great Experience
- Don’t Be a Loser. Rise to the Occasion
- Recommendations to My Coaching Clients That You Can Use
- Wow, Extreme Success Academy!
- The Quickest Way to Kill a School
- Important Issues for Large Operators
- We’re in a REALLY Simple Business
- Critical Success Skill: Build Immunity to Criticism
- Marketing your Martial Arts School, Part 1: A Key Is Repetition
- A Dumb Statement!
- “Entrepreneurial Seizures” and Other E-myths
- Focus Your Marketing Dollars on a Specific Target Audience
- Marketing Your Martial Arts School, Part 2: Media and Promotional Activities
- Capturing the “Slight Edge”.
- Want Massive Profits? Implement a “Drip” System!
- The Good Old Days That Never Were!
- Focus Your Attention on These Issues
- In Marketing, What’s Old is New Again
- Making Direct Mail Work for You, Part 1
- As One Martial Artist to Another, Let’s Talk Frankly About Money: Part 1
- A Reveal of Ten Mistakes You Might Be Making
- Making Direct Mail Work for You, Part 2
- As One Martial Artist to Another, Let’s Talk Frankly About Money, Part 2
- 7 Steps to a Flood of Introductory Traffic
- Keep It Simple and Focus on What’s Important
- As One Martial Artist to Another, Let’s Talk Frankly About Money, Part 3
- Have You Reached “Black Belt” Rank in Business?
- Every 7 Years…or We’ve Been Spoiled
- Some Thoughts about Style, Part 1
- Don’t Make These Stupid Mistakes in Your School!
- Opinions About Running Your Martial Arts School…Everyone’s Got One!
- Some Thoughts about Style, Part 2
- “ There are men in the ranks who’ll stay in the ranks. Why? I’ll tell you why — Simply because they don’t have the ability to get things done"
- Some Thoughts about Style, Part 3
- Powerful Commonalities in Our Differences
- Stepping Over Dollars to Pick Up Pennies
- Prepare to Review Your Year
- Lessons Learned from Apple’s Steve Jobs
- Go Fast, Turn Left
- A Special Report on Tuition Pricing
- Lessons You Can Learn from Jhoon Rhee
- An Interesting Question from a NAPMA Member
- What’s your “Circus Celebrity”?
- What If There Was A Recession —But You Didn’t Attend?
- Would You Rather be the Apple Store or Wal-Mart?
- Lessons from Top-Performing Schools
- The 1% or the 99%?
- The Inner Circle and Peak Performers Invade West Point
- Dress for Success
- “Adding 100 Students in 6 Weeks”?
- Avoid the Tupperware ® Convention at all Costs, but Otherwise
- Sure Ways to “Shoot Yourself in the Foot and Derail your Progress”
- The Higher You Climb the Ladder, the More of Target You Become
- Be “Impeccable.“
- MMA has Killed “Traditional Martial Arts Schools?”
- 81% Upgrade Ratio
- Hey, First, Some Reminders
- Here Are Just a Few of the THOUSANDS of School Owners JUST LIKE YOU That Have Had Amazing Results from Our Program
Honest Reviews and Feedback from
Readers of The Way of The Mile High Maverick
"If you want insight into what the top 1% are doing and thinking, get the book. It represents the "cutting edge" of successful martial arts business systems along with the various perspectives, attitudes and techniques that support those systems. The information applies to ALL styles of martial art. I personally enjoy and agree with Mr. Oliver's perspectives concerning the huge negative influence that modern sport MMA can have on proper martial art training (and the success of your school). MMA instructors should heed his advice, but for many it will require a significant paradigm shift toward doing what is best for your students, your competition team, and your community. That is the "gateless gate" that many MMA instructors will fail to pass, resulting in failure to achieve the full potential of proper MMA training for yourcommon mistakes, and reach your full potential!"Master Instructor: David Arnebeck, Over 40 Years Mixed Martial Arts Experience; Over 30 Years Teaching Experience, Founder: Warrior’s Cove Martial Art Centers; Founder & Master Instructor: Shinbudo MMA System; Rickson Gracie Black Belt: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu; Official Rickson Gracie Instructor: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
“I just read Stephen’s new book, “The Way of The Mile High Maverick.” Great book! It is written for Martial Artist, but it is a great resource for anyone. For Martial Artists, I especially liked the sections talking about ethics and “walking the walk.” For everyone, I liked the chapter “The 10 Secrets of Leadership.”Pat Worley, USA Karate, Inc. Minneapolis-St. Paul
There are tons of valuable strategies for the old timers and for those who are new to Martial Arts.
If you are thinking about opening a Martial Arts school or if you have been around for years, this is a must for you. As it mentions in “Mile High Maverick,” NEVER stop learning. One last point: “Why reinvent the wheel?” Get the book and take advantage of those who have years of experience in business and are willing to share it with others.”
“I’ve known Stephen Oliver for over 40 years. It’s amazing to have watched his growth in our industry. He’s now the “Go To” expert for all of the veterans like myself who would have thought there might not be anything left to learn as well as the “Young Guns” who are in the top 1%, or top 5% of school owners. He’s the guy who stays at the “Leading Edge” of what's REALLY working today — and, I guarantee you he’ll be the first to use and share each of the new tools that come available.Jeff Smith
If you are successful in our industry you’re probably already working with him, if not you should be. If you are planning on “making your mark” in Martial Arts, Stephen’s the only Business Consultant to get you into the the very top rungs!
“Thank you for allowing me an advanced look at you latest book. I simply couldn’t put it down, and although I have followed the teachings of the “Mile High Maverick” for 8 years now, this book will be read and re-read as are your other publications.Sifu Grant Buchanan, 6th-Degree Black Belt Kempo Mile High Karate Tauranga New Zealand
Your absolute clarity and clear roadmap to success have seen the quality of our students ,the standard of our Martial Arts and my families financial security take massive leaps forward. Having previously been at the top of the industry in New Zealand, I travelled to the USA in 2006 looking for the next step as a Martial Artist and as a businessman.
With my oldest daughter in my school and three more about to start I knew I had to find the best I could for them. Attending a NAPMA Extreme Success event, I learned more about teaching and running a school in two days than I had in the previous twenty years — and I had tried many avenues.
Sneaking into a presentation with you and Grandmaster Smith on the Mile High Karate system during a lunch break, I found you were taking schools outside of TKD and outside the USA. I was the first hand up in the room.I couldn’t believe here was the opportunity to go straight to the top of the Industry.
I have since brought my own Instructor into MHK in what is the true full circle we often speak of in the arts. Any Martial Artist who wants to improve their impact in their community — dramatically improve the quality of their instruction to create a prosperous and secure financial future fo themselves and their families — must get connected with you either via your books, NAPMA or though Mile High Karate.
Your knowledge is universal as evidenced by our success in New Zealand, obviously a long way from the States. Again thank you for your contibution to Martial Arts.
No one know where a teachers influence ends.”
“Stephen Oliver is the hidden genius behind some of the largest MMA, Traditional Martial Arts Schools, even transported after-school care schools in the world. He's become the “go-to” consultant for the very top tier to take them to the next level of profitability while showing them how to improve their life-style in the process. I've known him for over 10 years and have seen him in action. He's the “Real Deal” — straightforward, at times even brutally so. I'd highly recommend his latest book: “The Way of The Mile High Maverick” as a rare peak behind the curtain ± to help you jump your school into the top 10% or, even 1% of the Martial Arts Industry. I promise you this book will shave years off your learning curve!”Lee Milteer Author of Success Is An Inside Job, Millionaire Smarts Coach
"The strategies that Stephen shares and at times “pounds in” will resonate well for both martial arts school owners and entrepreneurs alike. Mile High Maverick is a playbook for those not only looking to improve not only their bottom line, but the concepts he stresses will successfully take any business to the next level."Don Southerton, CEO Bridging Culture Worldwide and Author
“Ok, I am blown away with the content of your book. There is so much. I need to study all of it! God Bless You and Thank You. I do not think there is another publication out there that can come close to your book!”Keith Joseph Bennett
“As someone who grew up in Mile High Karate and had the opportunity to know Stephen Oliver as both an instructor, employer, business owner, and mentor I can tell you first hand he knows what he is talking about. In my 25 years as a part of the Mile High Karate organization, I have experienced first hand the dramatic affects of what Stephen Oliver's business models can do for new schools, and established schools alike. I have seen him walk into schools with 20 students and within weeks have the school flooded with hundreds of new students. One of the things I appreciate most about Grand Master Oliver, is his fresh but historical perspective on the martial arts industry as a whole. He has captured that perspective, along with a blast of sometimes brutal honesty in his new book The Way Of The Mile High Maverick. Every chapter has insights and benefits that will help both novice and experienced school owners alike. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone in the martial arts industry looking to move to the next level.Korey and Sara Stites, Personal Achievement Martial Arts Wheat Ridge, CO
“Just finished Steve’s new book. Must read for everyone in the martial arts biz. Jump to the chapter on leadership first then go back and read the rest. Fast read worth the time spent. Many hidden ideas inside. Take notes while you read.”Master Bill Clark
“Stephen Oliver is the ‘Maverick of Martial Arts’. His book is inspirational!”John Chung
"When people ask me how to advance, I always give the same suggestion: ‘Find someone who has mastered what you want to do, and then find a way to learn their secrets.’ You believe you have the ability to teach good martial arts well, and you believe you have the duty to prosper to where you live with dignity and the financial power to permit your family to follow their dreams too? Find a master who has done what you dream of doing and learn the tested secrets. My friend Stephen Oliver is one such master who has invested years to build and test his program for creating martial arts school success. Get his book and study it, and pay attention to any ideas that cause you to balk or resist; that is where you need to upgrade your thinking to get bigger better results. Stephen Oliver shares lots of good secrets and guides you through the confusion to help you build success.”Stephen K. Hayes , Black Belt Hall of Fame Founder, To-Shin Do Ninja Martial Arts, Author of 20 books on martial and meditation traditions of Japan, www.StephenKHayes.com